emacsclient open file in specific window

From: fthomas
Subject: emacsclient open file in specific window
Date: Thu, 28 Feb 2008 13:40:36 -0800 (PST)

The setup I'm trying to achieve is the following:
I want to have emacs split up horizontally in two windows, the one on
the
bottom shorter containing (multiple) shell buffers and terminals.
The top one I want to contain java source files (ideally also jsp and
xml).
I'm using tabbar.el...

Currently what happens is that if I use emacsclient in the bottom
window, in a shell
buffer, that opens up the new file in the current window (so in the
bottom one), so then
I have to keep changing buffer till I get back to my shells

In conclusion can I indicate somehow in emacs to open up new buffers
of a specific
type in a specific window ?

Thanks,
Thomas