Re: ediff and vc

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: ediff and vc
Date: Sun, 09 Mar 2008 17:19:38 -0600

Tom Badran wrote:
I'm sure this has probably been asked before, but i cant seem to find anything with google:

Is it possible to have vc use ediff rather than just displaying plain diffs? Specifically when looking at a vc-directory buffer, and selecting some files and doing a diff.

,----[ C-h f ediff-revision RET ]
| ediff-revision is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `ediff'.
| It is bound to v -, C-x v -, <menu-bar> <tools> <compare> <ediff-revision>.
| (ediff-revision &optional file startup-hooks)
|
| Run Ediff by comparing versions of a file.
| The file is an optional file argument or the file entered at the prompt.
| Default: the file visited by the current buffer.
| Uses `vc.el' or `rcs.el' depending on `ediff-version-control-package'.
|
| [back]
`----

And also, is it possible to use ediff by deafault everywhere a diff is shown?

Hmmm...

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA