Re: Autocompletion in Auctex

From: Joost Kremers
Subject: Re: Autocompletion in Auctex
Date: 10 Mar 2008 13:21:28 GMT

Lorenzo Isella wrote:
> Dear All,
> I have started to use Auctex for editing my latex documents.
> It generally works great, the only thing I am missing is some way to
> get autocompletion for e.g. referencing and citing.
> It would be great if when typing \ref{} or \cite{} I had a pop-up or a
> buffer telling me what I could possibly cite/reference.

you might also try reftex, which comes with auctex. it doesn't do
autocompletion (AFAIK), but if you type C-c ) emacs opens a buffer listing
all the labels in your document, from which you can pick one. reftex takes
care of inserting the \ref command, and it is also smart about the labels
it shows you. i.e. if you type C-c ) right after the word "section", it
only shows you the section labels, etc.

reftex also handles citations, but i have no experience with it, since i
use my own code for that.

--
Joost Kremers                                      joostkremers@yahoo.com
EN:SiS(9)