Re: Find all commands bound to key prefix

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Find all commands bound to key prefix
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2008 11:55:40 +0200

Am 03.04.2008 um 21:37 schrieb Seung Jun:
I'd like to see a list of commands that are bound to key sequences
that starts with some prefix (e.g., C-x C-v).  How do I do that?

C-h b – it creates a *Help* buffer that will show all "key translations."

Now mark the whole buffer and apply a shell-command on that region (M-|):

        M-| | egrep '^<your prefix>' | sort -u

The egrep command takes a regular expression ('^' is part of that and stands for: "at the beginning of the line", the '<your prefix>' part needs to be substituted with your search pattern, i.e., C-x C-v) and tries to find matching lines in the marked region. The final sort command removes all duplicates (-u) and presents egrep's findings in a sorted form.

--
Greetings

  Pete     === -Q