Re: About deleting text in emacs

From: Lennart Borgman (gmail)
Subject: Re: About deleting text in emacs
Date: Mon, 28 Apr 2008 18:35:24 +0200

cua-mode comes with Emacs 22 (and later). You can just do

  M-x cua-mode

to turn it on for testing. Later you can customize cua-mode if you liked it:

  M-x customize-option
  Customize variable: cua-mode

oyferder wrote:
Hi. When I restarted emacs at a later time, the "delete section" function
worked(selecting and pushing delete), so maybe cua-mode was off. But Esc-BS
and Esc-d worked to delete a word for word, so thx for that commando;)
However, I should check cua-mode. Do you know where(in the emacs folder)
cua.el should be installed?

Øystein