Pressing Space creates a newline and indents my code

From: bsteinex
Subject: Pressing Space creates a newline and indents my code
Date: Thu, 15 May 2008 09:20:32 -0700 (PDT)

Hello,

I'm using Emacs 22.2.1. It's been a while since I've used Emacs.

Here's my problem. While working on Javascript I find that if I have a
long line of code, and press the <space> bar, the code gets cut and
placed on a new line, thus invalidating my code.

Ex: While adding code #1 I pressed <space> just before </script>. The
code changed to code #2

#1 - <script language="JavaScript" src="http://www.example.com/js/
ntpagetag.js"></script>

#2 - <script language="JavaScript"
src="http://www.example.com/js/ntpagetag.js";> </script>

Any ideas on how I can stop this from happening? Thank you for your
help.