Re: elisp questions for Advanced Closing brackets function

From: Pierre Lorenzon
Subject: Re: elisp questions for Advanced Closing brackets function
Date: Wed, 21 May 2008 08:18:35 +0200 (CEST)

Hi Nathan,

I hvae two suggestions which are not very precise : excuse me
for that !

1. First have a look at all the already developped lisp code :
there's maybe what you need or something very near.

2. If you absolutely want to implement it by yourself (which
can be very instructive), I'll suggest to look at the regexp
manipulations in emacs-lisp. I suspect that some of the
functions you try to implement might be shorter, simpler and
faster just using regexp. I would not be surprised as well that
some of your question could be solved in terms of syntax
tables.

Regards

Pierre