Re: select large text with mouse

From: Joel J. Adamson
Subject: Re: select large text with mouse
Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 13:08:13 -0400

imputerate <imputerate@gmail.com> writes:

> On Jun 8, 1:28 pm, adams...@email.unc.edu (Joel J. Adamson) wrote:
> thanks, joel;
>   first off, the tty problem is trivial, so i'll get to it later;
>   i assume ubuntu hardy loads xterm by default;

I have reason to believe otherwise ;)  It's probably Gnome Terminal.
Gnome Terminal and Konsole are not Xterm, they are replacements for it.

>   i press mouse-1 to mark, but when i press mouse-2 to select,

Mouse-2 (middle button) pastes in X.  In xterm mouse-3 will close the
selection.  In Gnome terminal, mouse-3 gives me a menu (did mean to say
mouse-3?).

> i get a menu of things to do in the window; i'm looking into
> reconfiguring my mouse; imputerate

That shouldn't be necessary; try xterm, it's highly configurable.

Joel

--
Joel J. Adamson
(303) 880-3109