Re: Emacs and Subversion

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: Emacs and Subversion
Date: Fri, 13 Jun 2008 23:10:16 +0200

Lucas Gabutti <lucas.gabutti@gameloft.com> writes:

> Hi everyone.
>
> I want to make a find-grep command in emacs in a specified directory but
> with one important issue: I want to process ONLY those files that are under
> SVN version and ignore all the others within that directory.
>
> Hope someone help me.
>
> Thank you!!

You can use TraverseDirectory.
It's faster than find-grep, and much easier to configure:
you have a conf file where you select the dir and the files to exclude.
If you have a planner-page for your project you can use it for finding
all todos and display them.(you can toggle view/noview)
It's fast to run, there is three args:
tree ==> with completion so if you are in your dir you have noting to
enter.
regex ==> your regex to match
matchonly ==> you can skip it (just press enter)
If there is compressed archive in your dir it will search in this
archive and continue to search in other files and dir (need avfs for
that)
I have just added this feature today.
Here is a good start:
http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/TraverseDirectory