Re: Search for selected tex

From: Juanma
Subject: Re: Search for selected tex
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 02:15:09 +0200

On Saturday 14 June 2008, Thierry Volpiatto wrote:
> "Lennart Borgman (gmail)" <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > Lorenzo Isella wrote:
> >> Dear All,
> >> I would like to be able to select some text with C-space and then
> >> look for it inside the buffer.
<snip>

> > There is some code for similar wishes in
> >
> >   http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/SearchAtPoint
> >

> You can also use isearch-forward like that:
> put the point at begining of text and then hit C-s C-w C-w C-w ....
> until you are at the end of text and then C-s C-s ...etc...

Or C-y to search for text between point and end of line, instead of taking
words one by one. Repeating C-y takes one more line at a time.

Or, kill or save the text to the kill ring and yank it for search with M-y
(i.e., after having pressed C-s).

Once you defined some text to search for, you can edit it, moving point to the
minibuffer with M-e.

See here: *info* (emacs)Isearch Yank (chapter 20.1.6)

Even more if you see the documentation of `isearch-forward'.
--
Juanma

"Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like
 having a peeing section in a swimming pool."
       -- Edward Burr