Re: disable subscript superscript raise/lower?

From: Benjamin
Subject: Re: disable subscript superscript raise/lower?
Date: Wed, 16 Jul 2008 14:27:42 -0700 (PDT)

On Jul 16, 4:48 pm, Ralf Angeli <dev.n...@caeruleus.net> wrote:
> * Benjamin (2008-07-16) writes:
> > GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-redhat-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.12.9)
> > Using emacs in LaTeX mode shows superscript and subscript as raised
> > and lowered respectively, which is kind of neat, but sort of breaks
> > the spartan "simplicity" of emacs that I have come to like,
>
> Are you sure you are not confusing Emacs with ed?

Pretty sure I'm using emacs, do other editors exist?   :-)

> Assuming you are using Emacs' built-in TeX mode, Stefan Monnier provided
> a hack on this list before:

Without knowing better, I'll assume that the LaTeX mode is the same as
the built in TeX mode (it says (LaTeX) at the bottom of my emacs
screen).

> (eval-after-load "tex-mode" '(fset 'tex-font-lock-suscript 'ignore))

Works perfectly, Thanks.  I did a search using Google Groups but
didn't see Stefan's post.

Cheers,
-Ben