RE: Keyboard macro counter formatted for letters

From: Juanma
Subject: RE: Keyboard macro counter formatted for letters
Date: Fri, 25 Jul 2008 00:05:03 +0200

> The only problem is that if you run off the end of the alphabet, you get
> characters which are non-letters (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T
> U V W X Y Z [ \ ] ^ _ `) while in such a lettering scheme, I'd think you'd
> expect to start getting double letters. (A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q
> R S T U V W X Y Z AA AB AC AD AE AF)

This might be not what you want, because it's about replace-regexp, not
about kmacro, but take a look for yourself:

http://steve-yegge.blogspot.com/2006/06/shiny-and-new-emacs-22.html

Search for "Example: Alphabetically Numbered Lists"
--
Juanma

"Having a smoking section in a restaurant is like
 having a peeing section in a swimming pool."
       -- Edward Burr