[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: basic question: going back to dired

From: Xah
Subject: Re: basic question: going back to dired
Date: Thu, 31 Jul 2008 08:54:43 -0700 (PDT)
User-agent: G2/1.0

On Jul 31, 7:35 am, "Lennart Borgman (gmail)"
<address@hidden> wrote:
> Xahwrote:
> > In touch typing, modifiers comes in pairs, such as Shift. The accepted
> > ergonomic way to press them is using one hand to press the modifier
> > and the other to press the other key.
> I would rather from an ergonomic view recommend "sticky keys/modifiers":

Btw, emacs package for sticky modifier is not necessary on the Mac.

In the Mac, just go to your System Preference, click on the Universal
Access (i.e. for the handicapped), and there you can setup sticky keys
system wide.

Mac has this before OSX too, since about early 1990s i think. (Also,
you can swap any modifiers to any other in OSX. Just go to sys pref,
keyboard & mouse, keyboard, modifier. For more detail, see
How to Swap Modifier Keys on OS X

On OSX, you can actually setup arbitrary commands to keys much like
how you rebind keys in emacs. (However, they only work in Cocoa apps
and not perfectly.). See

How To Create Your Own Keybinding In Mac Os X


On Windows, i thought sticky key pref exist that are part of the
Windows OS, but i haven't used Windows for many years now. Doesn't it
exist as part of the OS, Lennart?


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]