How to Reduce Emacs Load Time

From: formido
Subject: How to Reduce Emacs Load Time
Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 14:11:06 -0700 (PDT)

Hello there,

Emacs takes like 10 seconds to load. It's a lot faster if I don't load
all my packages. What strategies could I use to get my load time down?
Emacs itself is made up of tons of elisp files and it doesn't take
forever to load, so I don't see why I should be forced to endure long
load times just because I add third party packages. If I do, 'require
package', I'm at the mercy of the package maker's initialization
process, right?