RE: What I'm missing when using M-x shell

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: What I'm missing when using M-x shell
Date: Sun, 14 Sep 2008 11:50:15 -0700

> >>   C-up
> >
> > really ?
> >
> > could you tell me on which function this is binded ?
>
>         <C-up> runs the command comint-previous-input

FWIW, if you use Icicles, then `C-c TAB' in any comint (aka shell) mode lets you
cycle past inputs or complete against them (with regexp/substring completion
etc.). And `C-c `' also does these things (but differently).

http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/Icicles_-_Other_Search_Commands#IciclesShe
ll