Re: Start-Up Loading of Speedbar

From: J. D. Leach
Subject: Re: Start-Up Loading of Speedbar
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2008 13:13:52 -0400

And the winner is...The Joosts, both of them (Kremers and Diepenmaat).

Thanks tremendously. I rather thought that there was some line such as was
suggested, that could be inserted into the .emacs file, but I have only
ventured into modifications of that document when I was absolutely certain
of what I was doing.

I think what is throwing me most is the unique terminology and the lisp
coding style. I mean, where else in the computer field can you yank back
something after you killed it (I call that resurrection), play with atoms
and not get radiation sickness, and split your buffers? To the uninitiated
neophyte, such nomenclature and concepts can defun the learning experience.

I must admit, there have been feeble attempts on my part to learn about
Emacs in the past, but have heretofore quickly abandoned those attempts due
to the arcane language and inscrutable key-bindings. I just had not spent
enough time trying to discern the unique logic of the system. Thankfully,
my attitude has changed, I just needed to stick with it.

Thank you again.

J.D.