Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: How to get rid of *GNU Emacs* buffer on start-up?
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 23:09:21 +0200

tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:

>>> Ironically, I just used the scratch buffer as the repository for the
>>> text of your previous message. rot13-region doesn't work in the
>>> read-only gnus buffers, so I needed to transfer it to a different
>>> buffer.
>>
>> C-c C-r works in gnus.  Which does not mean that alternative ways are a
>> bad idea.
>
> That combination is not defined for me in gnus, but it did lead me to
> discover toggle-rot13-mode, which I *will* now bind to C-c C-r. Thanks!

Huh?  When in the summary buffer, I get

C-c C-r runs the command gnus-summary-caesar-message, which is an
interactive compiled Lisp function in `gnus-sum.el'.

It is bound to C-c C-r, W r, <menu-bar> <Article> <Washing> <Rot 13>.

(gnus-summary-caesar-message &optional ARG)

Caesar rotate the current article by 13.
With a non-numerical prefix, also rotate headers.  A numerical
prefix specifies how many places to rotate each letter forward.

[back]