Applying macro to lines which match regexp

From: Corey Foote
Subject: Applying macro to lines which match regexp
Date: Wed, 15 Oct 2008 15:21:15 -0400

I was reading through the Emacs manual today, and came across C-x C-k r (apply-macro-to-region-lines) which applies the last keyboard macro to each line that begins in the region. How would I apply the last keyboard macro to each line that begins in the region which match a certain regular _expression_. For example, say I was editing a Perl script and wanted to apply the last macro to all line which consist solely of a comment. For example:

1    # Print some text
2    print "foo";
3    print "foobar";
4
5    # And then a while later
6    print "foobarbaz";

I would want to apply the macro to lines 1 and 6 which match the regular _expression_ ^\s-*#. Thanks a bunch!

Corey Foote
Toby Software