Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History

From: Xah
Subject: Re: Emacs Wiki Revision History
Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2008 10:58:15 -0700 (PDT)

 petOn Oct 20, 3:54 am, Volkan YAZICI <volkan.yaz...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While I was looking at revision histories of some of the pages in
> emacs wiki[1], unfortunately saw that most of the entries are lost.
> (The oldest history record appears something similar to "UTC Revision
> 10 . . . . 146.124.141.59 – Rollback to 2008-09-05 00:16 UTC".) Is
> this something to be recovered in a near future, or totally lost?
>
> Regards.
>
> [1]http://www.emacswiki.org/

for the love of emacs community, please suggest to it's creator Alex
Schroeder to switch the emacs wiki's software to MediaWiki as the wiki
software, instead of his pet of 4k line of perl OddMuse that doesn't
use a real database.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/OddMuse

I have been thinking for a while for doing this ... register a domain,
install MediaWiki, and copy emacswiki.org content over.

whoever does this do emacs community a service.

  Xah

∑ http://xahlee.org/