Re: vc-mode Hook to Register a Function Inserting Commit Message

From: Ian Eure
Subject: Re: vc-mode Hook to Register a Function Inserting Commit Message
Date: Mon, 27 Oct 2008 13:36:25 -0700

On Oct 27, 2008, at 4:58 AM, stephan.zimmer wrote:

I use the vc-mode in emacs in combination with subversion. When doing
a commit I would like to automatically compose part of my commit
message in the *VC-log* buffer by retrieving the file that I'm
committing. Is there any easy way to do this, i.e., a hook that is
called after popping up the *VC-log* buffer?

A quick romp through vc-mode / log-edit-mode turns up these candidates:

vc-before-checkin-hook
  "Normal hook (list of functions) run before a file is checked in."

log-edit-mode-hook
  "*Hook run when entering `log-edit-mode'."

 - Ian