Re: running perl script in eshell on windows permission denied

From: Andreas Politz
Subject: Re: running perl script in eshell on windows permission denied
Date: Thu, 06 Nov 2008 22:16:48 +0100

shul wrote:
Hi,
I installed emacs on a windows machine that I am forced to use.
However when I try to execute a perl script that I am editing while in
the eshell
I get error message

./me.pl: Permission Denied

now i notice that
ls -l  me.pl
leaves me with
-rw-rw-rw 1 iis  5 810 Oct 17 11:25 me.pl

of course I can execute it in the M^X shell environment.

I tried chmod 777 me.pl
but it says
chmod: command not found

OK. So what can I do to execute some perl scripts from eshell?
I like eshell. It is so unix like...
Thanks
Mitchell

The least you could try is

$ perl me.pl

,but I guess there has to be a win32 equivalent to the unix chmod
command. But I don't know such things.

-ap