Re: Emacs command frequencies:

From: Sébastien Vauban
Subject: Re: Emacs command frequencies:
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2008 13:52:23 +0100

Hello,

> - Commands that are repeated frequently should have the
>   highest priority for one-button keys. That's why I
>   personally think save-buffer and kill-this-buffer would be a
>   waste for single keys. On the other hand other-window has a
>   terrible default for the same reason.

I totally share your point of view. And, as well, the list of
most frequently used functions that have really annoying
bindings.

In my case -- OK, I know it is normally prohibited to use F1 to
F4 --, I've done the following mappings:

 <f1> = info
 <f2> = save-buffer
 <f3> = open-file (or `ffap', or even `anything', if present)
 <f5> = delete-other-windows
 <f6> = other-window
 <f8> = call-last-kbd-macro
 <f9> = recompile
 <f10> = next-error
 <f11> = undo
 <f12> = my-kill-this-buffer

I could not anymore miss almost any of them...

Seb

--
Sébastien Vauban