Re: Sincronise eshell directory to file

From: Paul R
Subject: Re: Sincronise eshell directory to file
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2008 12:36:31 +0100

Hello Lorenzo,

Lorenzo> Dear All, My typical working pattern in emacs is to have an
Lorenzo> eshell + a buffer (showing one of the program I intend to
Lorenzo> modify). I switch between several of these code buffers and it
Lorenzo> would be very useful for me to automatically change directory
Lorenzo> (within eshell) to the one corresponding to the file I am
Lorenzo> visiting though the buffer. Does anyone know how this can be
Lorenzo> achieved? Cheers

You can probably hack something like a custom command that you would
call from your current buffer. It would read `default-directory, then
take you to your eshell buffer and issue a `cd the_default-directory'.

--
  Paul