Re: Emacs's popularity

From: Óscar Fuentes
Subject: Re: Emacs's popularity
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 00:55:30 +0100

Teemu Likonen <tlikonen@iki.fi> writes:

[snip]

> But Vim is not only installed; it's really used a lot.[snip]

Inspecting the atime of emacs and vim executables on my machine, one
could conclude that I frequently use vim and almost never emacs. The
true is the opposite: I start emacs just after login and don't close it
until the next time that I'm in the mood of updating to the last CVS
version, or until the next reboot. This can mean several months of
intense use. OTOH, whenever I need to tweak some file on /etc, I do a
sudo vim /etc/whatever

--
Oscar