Re: pair-mode: remove "(" from pair-mode-chars when in python-mode.

From: Livin Stephen Sharma
Subject: Re: pair-mode: remove "(" from pair-mode-chars when in python-mode.
Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2008 15:30:41 +0530

TOPIC: pair-mode: remove "(" from pair-mode-chars when in python-mode.
http://groups.google.com/group/gnu.emacs.help/t/951e81b16c0890af?hl=en

== 1 of 1 ==
Date: Wed, Dec 17 2008 8:05 pm
From: Kevin Rodgers

Livin Stephen Sharma wrote:
> Hi.
>  How can I turn OFF the pair-mode char being inserted ONLY for "("
>  ( but NOT for the other quote/braces/etc chars ) .

What is pair-mode?  It is not distributed with Emacs 22.3.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA

Thanks for the response - I was losing hope :)

With an example:
 If I type in an opening-parenthesis,
 pair-mode will insert a matching closing-parenthesis immediately after my input.

It works similarly for other characters like {,[,",',<, etc.
By providing a }.],",',>, etc character as the case may be.

 - makes for some minor (and very convenient) key-stroke savings. I'd just like to turn it off for "("  when in python-mode.

I think this is where I got it:
http://www.loveshack.ukfsn.org/emacs/pair-mode.el

;;; pair-mode.el --- insertion of paired characters
--livin.stephen