Re: GUD locals in speedbar.

From: Nick Roberts
Subject: Re: GUD locals in speedbar.
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 19:46:49 +1300

faraz ahmed writes:
 > How can I configure emacs to display _locals_ in the speedbar (like
 > gud-watch). Also if possible - can the speedbar then do a automatic
 > refresh as frames change.

You can make locals appear as watch expressions in the speedbar by clicking
on them in with mouse-2 in the locals buffer (when they are not simple
data types).  However, you can't automatically put all locals in the speedbar
and they won't refresh with a frame change.

Watch expressions in the speedbar use a feature of GDB called variable objects
(which is part of GDB/MI) and this could be used for locals.  Indeed Apple do
this in their version of GDB and the Insight debugger has this functionality
but I have no plans to submit such changes for FSF GDB.  Emacs uses the MI
command which is more lightweight but faster.