Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Pretty multilingual PostScript printing?
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 00:46:53 +0200

> From: "cmr.Pent@gmail.com" <cmr.Pent@gmail.com>
> Date: Fri, 23 Jan 2009 11:13:15 -0800 (PST)
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I think the answer can be found in
> the very first message in this thread. I can print symbols from *any*
> script found in Emacs 'Hello' buffer via GEdit (I have Unifont
> installed). Thus, my printer supports *any* script.
>
> Here are some facts that may be relevant to your question:
>
> 1) My HP LaserJet 1018 printer uses foo2zjs driver (http://
> foo2zjs.rkkda.com/). This driver utilizes Ghostscript to perform all
> of the image processing.
>
> 2) Ghostscript can use the character rasterizer provided by the
> underlying operating system and window system; specifically, Adobe
> Type Manager (ATM) or a TrueType rasterizer under MS Windows, or the
> facilities provided by X Windows. (excerpt from the Ghostscript
> manual)
>
> Looking forward to your reply,

I don't know how to solve the problem of *any* script, and the above
information unfortunately doesn't help me help you.  If you can start
with a single script, I can try telling you how to customize variables
in ps-mule.el to have that script printed, assuming your printer has
the necessary fonts built into it.

Alternatively, you could set up ps-print to pipe its output into
Ghostscript by customizing ps-lpr-command and ps-lpr-switches to
invoke Ghostscript.