Re: How use keybindings in term mode?

From: Nurullah Akkaya
Subject: Re: How use keybindings in term mode?
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2009 18:24:01 +0200

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 9:11 AM, Xah Lee <xahlee@gmail.com> wrote:
On Jan 30, 10:59 pm, "seber...@spawar.navy.mil"
<seber...@spawar.navy.mil> wrote:
> "term" (term mode) is more like a real shell than "shell"
>
> I noticed you can't do certain keybindings in term mode.  It is as if
> you lose all your Emacs key binding when you use term mode.
>
> Is there some way to find a happy medium between term and shell?
> In other words, more power than shell w/o losing so many keybindings
> like in term mode?
>
> chris

there is a thing called Asking Too Much. Lol.

there's "shell", and there's "term". (and there's "eshell" and
"terminal-emulator")

each one is created to be optimal for some purposes.

Sure, you can add your personal customization on top of any to give
your "happy middle". Though, unless you have a specific customization
question... there's no such as happy middle in the already 4 variants.

my personal q is what's the diff between term and terminal-emulator...
never spend time on it. I'm very happy with just "shell". For any term
need, i switch to a "real" term emulator.

 Xah
http://xahlee.org/

you can switch between term modes. using C-c c-j will put you in line mode where term is behaves like a buffer , then u can use C-c c-k to switch back to char mode. also if you have global set  keys in your .emacs they will work.