Re: copy-line

From: Harald Hanche-Olsen
Subject: Re: copy-line
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 11:13:04 +0100

+ Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com>:

> is there a command (and standard key) to copy the current line?  The
> command should duplicate the text of the current line and move point
> to the copied line.

Lots of suggestions here, but what is wrong with C-a C-k C-k C-y C-y?

> I think that vi has something like that

You mean yyp perhaps? The exact analogy of the above, but shorter.

Once upon a time, I thought it was cute to write elisp functions to
implement marginal time savings like the one you ask for. But in the
end, it turns out I am not using them enough to justify the cost of
writing them in the first place, and I even end up forgetting about
having such shortcuts when I could have used them.

Spend a little time on learning to use keyboard macros instead. They can
save a lot of time if you find yourself doing the same thing over and
over again.

  -- Bertrand Russell