Re: how to remove a menu item?

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: how to remove a menu item?
Date: Sun, 01 Feb 2009 23:25:55 -0600

Xah Lee wrote:
if i want to remove the menu under Help ‣ Emacs Psychotherapist, how
do i do it?

Thanks.

  Xah
∑ http://xahlee.org/

It looks like you'll have to figure out how this file works:

menu-bar.el

This code is certainly relevant but more probably has to be done than merely excising it:

(define-key menu-bar-help-menu [eliza]
  '(menu-item "Emacs Psychotherapist" doctor
              :help "Our doctor will help you feel better"))
(define-key menu-bar-help-menu [sep4]
'("--")) ;;; I assume that this is the separator line above on the Help menu panel

Also relevant is .../lisp/play/doctor.el