Re: url package

From: B. T. Raven
Subject: Re: url package
Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2009 17:28:13 -0600

Johan Bockgård wrote:
"B. T. Raven" <nihil@nihilo.net> writes:

A web site claims that by merely loading this package you can C-x C-f
on a Url and have its html code loaded into a buffer. I get a new
buffer with the name of the html file that would be listed by clicking
on View > Page Source in Firefox but the buffer is empty. What else
has to be done besides M-x load-library url before opening a buffer
with the url's source?

M-x url-handler-mode (load-library is not needed since the function is
autoloaded)

Thanks, Johan, but it still doesn't work as advertised, at least not on w32 version 22.1 M-x browse-url-at-point brings up the web page in Firefox and View>PageSource shows the code, but if I try C-x C-f http://en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/about/
I get an empty buffer named c:/en-us.www.mozilla.com/en-US/firefox/about/

Then I tried other web pages and some filled the buffer with html and others didn't. Shouldn't there be some minimal block of html code on any page?