Re: Emacs mouse wheel and other issues

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Emacs mouse wheel and other issues
Date: Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:29:04 +0100

Am 09.03.2009 um 09:29 schrieb galapogos:

1. The mouse wheel doesn't work. It apparently gets mapped to C-M- ( and C-M-), which emacs doesn't recognize. How do I get it to work so that I can
scroll up/down my files?

Do you use mwheel(.el[c])?

2. There's a huge message window that takes up almost half the editor space, saying "Welcome to emacs, blah blah blah". I can resize it down but I'm not sure how to remove it. My Mandriva 2008.0/2008.1 emacs installations didn't
have this problem.

Check the variables inhibit-startup-* and customise what's needed.

--
Greetings

  Pete

One cannot live by television, video games, top ten CDs, and dumb movies alone.
                                – Amiri Baraka, 1999