Spellcheck against multiple dictionaries?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Spellcheck against multiple dictionaries?
Date: Sat, 14 Mar 2009 09:04:33 -0700 (PDT)

Hello Emacsists!

I use Emacs almost daily, and one of the features I use frequently is
ispell-word (M-$). I find the feature very nice, except for one thing:
it seems to use only one (the "current") dictionary at a time. So,
every time I'm spellchecking a word I must make sure the correct
dictionary is selected, and if not, actually select it before hitting
M-$. It is very inconvinient when working with multilingual text.

Is there a nice way to let Emacs use multiple dictionaries for
spellchecking? I think it is a very practical approach, especially if
language character sets do not intersect (English/Russian for
example).

Thanks,
Andrey Paramonov