Re: Emacs (newbie, help)

From: Chris
Subject: Re: Emacs (newbie, help)
Date: Thu, 19 Mar 2009 15:04:29 +0800

Efren Bravo wrote:
Hi,

I came from borland's world, this's the first time that I use Emacs and I would
like to configure it as C/C++ IDE. I've it middle configured but I want some
other adjustments that I've not been able to do yet.

- I like the reserved words green and bold: int, float, double, char, void,
return etc...
- # directive in green color: #include, #pragma, #ifndef, etc...
- Strings in blue color
- Integers and floats in red color
I haven't configured the display of cc-mode.
- Actiavte Cut/Copy/Paste (Ctrl+X/Ctrl+C/Ctrl+V) and Undo (Ctrl+Z)
- Save (Ctrl+S)
By default, it's C-w, M-w, C-y and C-/.
Save C-x C-s.

C-x, C-c, C-v, C-z and C-s are very important in emacs. If you change them, You may be confused when you use other features.

C-x and C-c are prefix keys, I don't know how to change them.

If you need to change some key bindings, global-unset-key and global-set-key can help you. Some other related functions are define-key local-set-key ...

C-h C-h shows you the help for help.

- Vertical Scroll Bar on the right side of the windows
(customize-set-variable 'scroll-bar-mode 'right)

Hope you can point me in the right direction,
Thanks in advance

I'm also a newbie, but I don't think the default key bindings bring me troubles.