Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs

From: Jason Rumney
Subject: Re: can american keyboard write finnish character 'ä', 'ö', 'å' in emacs?
Date: Thu, 26 Mar 2009 07:54:09 -0700 (PDT)

On Mar 26, 10:19 pm, tukuniata <tukuni...@live.com> wrote:

> and when i type: M-x list-input-methods
> for Displaying a list of all the supported input methods. i m having a error
> message saying that
> no imput method is available, perhaps because you have not yet installed
> LEIM (Libraries of Emacs Input Method).
> now here is my question where can i get LEIM ? and how to install it ?

leim is part of Emacs, bundled with Emacs since 22.1, and as a
separate download in Emacs 20 and 21 which you should be able to get
from the same location as you got Emacs (ftp.gnu.org/gnu/emacs is the
definitive site, but Cygwin uses a package manager that can probably
download a preconfigured copy for you).