Re: Alternate binding for C-a

From: poppyer
Subject: Re: Alternate binding for C-a
Date: Thu, 02 Apr 2009 11:57:29 +0800

Jonathan Groll <lists@groll.co.za> writes:

: On Wed, Apr 01, 2009 at 11:11:15AM +0200, Pascal J. Bourguignon wrote:
:>willwillis <will.willis@gmail.com> writes:
:>
:>> I've attempted several times to change C-a ( beginning-of-line ) to M-a.
Does
:>> anyone know the elisp I'd need to put in my .emacs to make this change?
:>>
:>> (yes, I use screen if you were wondering why'd I'd want to do such a thing)
:>
:>In screen, type: C-a :escape ^Z^Z RET   (type caret and Z, caret and Z)
:>This change screen's escape to C-z, which is bound to
:>iconify-or-deiconify-frame, useless in screen.
:>
: I personally find this binding works best in my ~/.screenrc :
:
: #Press backtick twice if you want a backtick, else its the command character
: escape ``
:
But using ` as screen prefix will destroy 'mouse wheel up' event in
emacs (xterm-mouse-mode/mouse-wheel-mode)