Re: hi

From: Nurullah Akkaya
Subject: Re: hi
Date: Sat, 4 Apr 2009 03:59:49 +0300

On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 10:55 PM, timur yildiz <ty_yildiz@yahoo.com> wrote:

I'm having a hard time installing emacs  on my mac osx computer.  I have downloaded a few files called emacs-21.4a.tar emacs-22.1.tar and emacs-22.2.tar but I can't seem to bring up a text editor or install anything I followed the download link off cprogrammintgools.com is there any other thing I should do?

T Yildiz

You can compile the latest version of Emacs from cvs.
Open up a terminal window and type

cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anonymous@cvs.savannah.gnu.org:/sources/emacs co emacs

this will check out the latest version of emacs. under a folder named emacs.

cd emacs
./configure --with-ns
make -j2
make install

this will build a double clickable native os x application.
But before compiling anything check to make sure you have developer tools installed.
These come with mac os x install cd's.

--
Nurullah Akkaya
http://nakkaya.com