Re: How To Print To Printer GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of

From: Ralf Wachinger
Subject: Re: How To Print To Printer GNU Emacs 22.2.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of 2008-03-26 on RELEASE
Date: 08 Apr 2009 23:17:47 GMT

* ChristopherL wrote:

> On Apr 8, 9:15 am, "B. T. Raven" <ni...@nihilo.net> wrote:
>> ChristopherL wrote:
>
>>> Where can I get hfyview.el and htmlfontify.el. They are not on my C
>>> drive.
>>
>> I thought they were in a this+that bundle somewhere on Lennart's site
>> but I don't find that now. You can get them by dowloadning nxhtml from:
>>
>> http://ourcomments.org/cgi-bin/emacsw32-dl-latest.pl(1.7 M)
>>
>> and then extract them from
>>
>> nxhtml/util
>
> I still am unable to print!
>
> I downloaded the two files to the right place (.emacs found it),
> changed .emacs to refer to hfyview as above, and within Emacs
> customized variable printer-name to both default and what I got from
> (Start, Printer and Faxes, Properties, General Tab).

When you call the function

'M-x hfyview-buffer RET'

then the contents of the buffer are sent to your web browser. And with

'M-x hfyview-region RET'

you can send the contents of the marked region. After that you can
actually print in your browser.

This printing method has nothing to do with the Emacs' own printing
functions. BTW: It's fully integrated in Lennart Borgman's
EmacsW32-Emacs.