How to unset a prefix key locally?

From: vmlinz unconscious
Subject: How to unset a prefix key locally?
Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2009 22:31:33 +0800

Hello,

I'm using emacs23.0.91 packaged by debian, the simple.el defined a key sequence "C(upercase letter 'c') - m" and the prefix 'C'(upercase letter 'c') prevent me from typing letter 'C'.

I tried to unset the key binding "C - m" locally ,but the prefix is still there . I looked up functions in elisp manual but there is no function to unset a prefix key.

Now I have to stop simple.el from loading or to change the debian load settings of simple.el to comment out the key settings.

So how can I locally unset a prefix key?

Thx