Help with Emacs+Slime+Clojure config

From: Robert Campbell
Subject: Help with Emacs+Slime+Clojure config
Date: Thu, 23 Apr 2009 15:56:44 +0200

Hey guys,

I'm completely new to Emacs. I've started using it because it appears
to be the best environment for developing in Clojure. To get started,
I downloaded Clojure Box - http://clojure.bighugh.com/ - which is
exactly like LispBox, but obviously for Clojure. It prewires Emacs,
Slime, Swank-Clojure, Clojure-Mode, nice launcher for Windows, etc.

My problem is with adding libraries (Jars) to my classpath. I created
my .emacs file:

(setq swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
        '())
(add-to-list 'swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
          "E:/Program Files/Clojure Box/compojure/compojure.jar")
(add-to-list 'swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
          "E:/Program Files/Clojure Box/lib/postgresql-8.3-604.jdbc4.jar")
(add-to-list 'swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
          "E:/Program Files/Clojure Box/lib/servlet-api-2.5-20081211.jar")
(add-to-list 'swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
          "E:/Program Files/Clojure Box/lib/jetty-6.1.16.jar")
(add-to-list 'swank-clojure-extra-classpaths
          "E:/Program Files/Clojure Box/lib/jetty-util-6.1.16.jar")

The problem is that the Compojure library doesn't appear to be added
to my classpath correctly; I get a "ClassNotFoundException"

On the flip side, I am perfectly able to use my PostgreSQL driver with
the clojure-contrib/sql library.

So, does anybody have any ideas why the PostgreSQL jar would be added
to the classpath correctly, but not Compojure? To check for typos I
copy/pasted the actual string into Windows Explorer and it resolved to
the jar properly. If there's no obvious mistakes, how would I begin to
troubleshoot this?

I appologize if this shouldn't be asked in the Emacs forum, but it
isn't really a Clojure issue since it deals with booting up the JVM
with the proper classpath.

Thank you,

Rob