Re: Maximize frame

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Maximize frame
Date: Thu, 14 May 2009 15:25:08 +0200

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 2:33 PM, Pascal J. Bourguignon
<pjb@informatimago.com> wrote:
> Lennart Borgman <lennart.borgman@gmail.com> writes:

>> Unfortunately there is no function in Emacs to make a frame
>> fullscreen. What platform do you use Emacs on?
>
> This is a little strong a statement!  Obviously, the function
>   (lambda () (full-frame))
> is a function in emacs to make a frame full screen (given my
> full-frame function whose URI I mentionned previously), and it exists!

Maybe I should have written "maximize"? Emacs have no built in
functions to handle maximize. And you can not really add them from
elisp.

On w32 you can maximize a frame from within Emacs, but there is no way
to check if the frame is maxmized (since there is no built in function
for that) and the maximizing happens asynchronously (since you send a
w32 message to the w32 window manager and you can not wait in Emacs
for that message to be handled).