Re: recenter-top-bottom problems

From: tyler
Subject: Re: recenter-top-bottom problems
Date: Mon, 01 Jun 2009 17:02:56 -0300

tyler <tyler.smith@mail.mcgill.ca> writes:

> I'm trying to figure out why recenter-top-bottom (C-l) isn't working for
> me. I find that sometimes it only centers, sometimes it only centers and
> 'bottoms', and sometimes it behaves as expected. I've done the following
> experiment to try and sort this out:

Please ignore my previous message. I was working on source from two
different versions of Emacs. D'oh.

There's still the issue of scroll-conservatively not playing well with
recenter-top-bottom, but at least I understand all the code involved and
can cobble together a work around for my own use.

Sorry for the noise,

Tyler

--
Power corrupts. PowerPoint corrupts absolutely.
                                       --Edward Tufte

http://www.wired.com/wired/archive/11.09/ppt2.html