RE: perlnow.el prob

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: perlnow.el prob
Date: Mon, 1 Jun 2009 15:04:25 -0700

> How do i do that in my path?

One way: Use command-line option -L DIR. Example: emacs -L /my/directory/,
assuming /my/directory/ contains file template.el.

Another way: Augment variable `load-path' in your .emacs file:

(add-to-list 'load-path "/my/directory/")

Another way: Set environment variable EMACSLOADPATH, so it includes (e.g. starts
with) "/my/directory/".

Read the Emacs manual in Info, the manuals browser, within Emacs: `C-h i'
(that's Control-h, then i), then choose the Emacs manual. Then `i' to look
something up in the index, or `C-s' repeatedly to search for something. Start
with `g Init File', which takes you to node Init File.

If how to use the manual seems unclear, then start with the Info manual, not the
Emacs manual: Hit `h' in Info.