Re: How to avoid having shell scripts which fail from killing Emacs shel

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to avoid having shell scripts which fail from killing Emacs shell?
Date: Sat, 20 Jun 2009 11:06:25 +0200

Am 20.06.2009 um 01:03 schrieb David Karr:

to configure Emacs or the Bash inside Emacs, so that it doesn't get killed when a script it's running fails.

Make the shell script trap (shell built-in) this catastrophic error and just execute an exit (shell built-in) instead (in last millennium this was standard). You can also run shell scripts asynchronously in a dedicated temporary buffer by executing it as a shell or compile command.

I'm not the bash guru (tcsh user), and its manual page is very long for reading it. I remember there is a section about SIGNALs. It should give some basic clues.

--
Greetings

  Pete                                           0
                                           %-/\_//
                                            (*)(*)