Re: Arrow Keys?

From: Chris Gordon-Smith
Subject: Re: Arrow Keys?
Date: 21 Jun 2009 12:01:24 GMT

Chris Gordon-Smith <use.address@my.homepage.invalid> wrote:
> Hello All
>
> I have recently started using Emacs on a regular basis. I read in the Emacs
> documentation that it is more efficient to use C-N, C-P etc. rather than
> arrow keys. Is this really true? I'm persisting with it, but those arrow
> keys still seem pretty attractive.
>
> Chris Gordon-Smith
> www.simsoup.info

Thanks to all who responded. I think I'll adopt a 'non-purist' attitude and
use C-N, C-P etc. when convenient and arrow keys otherwise. Going to
extreme lengths to avoid using the arrow keys could become a distraction.

Perhaps an expert can type slightly faster using C-N etc., but much of my
time in front of a keyboard is in any case spent thinking, so any increase
in typing speed would be marginal.

Chris Gordon-Smith
www.simsoup.info