Re: Using Cedet with Tramp and projects on NFS mounts

From: suvayu ali
Subject: Re: Using Cedet with Tramp and projects on NFS mounts
Date: Sun, 28 Jun 2009 19:40:32 -0700

2009/6/27 Pierre Lorenzon <devel@pollock-nageoire.net>:
> From: Suvayu Ali <fatkasuvayu+linux@gmail.com>
>>> ;; cedet customisations for ROOT Data Analysis Framework
>>> (setq rootsys "~/root/include")
>
>   Simply try to replace it with :
>
>   (setq rootsys "/ssh:user@remote.host:~/path/to/my/project/")

Thanks Pierre, that did it. However I have some other issues because
of how the framework I work with does things. I will have to find ways
to work around it.

>>> (semantic-add-system-include rootsys 'c++-mode)
<..snip..>

>   Anyway you'll perhaps want to switch from a situation to
>   another, but it's not difficult to change the rootsys
>   variable and reinitialize other variables from its value.

Thats very true. I will need different values for the rootsys variable
from time to time.

>> PS: the remote machine is usually across the atlantic :P
>
>  Humm !! In this case it might be slow ! But anyway not slower
>  than your ssh connection ! Moreover, once all files would be
>  loaded no more transactions will be performed. Anyway whith
>  such a configuration I had to wait 10 or 15 minutes until
>  everything is loaded.

It is indeed very slow to start. But after it loads up its workable :)

Thanks again for the pointer Pierre.

--
Suvayu