Re: how to make the "file has auto save data..." message unskippable?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: how to make the "file has auto save data..." message unskippable?
Date: Wed, 08 Jul 2009 00:09:39 -0600

ken wrote:
On 07/06/2009 04:57 AM Thien-Thi Nguyen wrote:
() Nobuko Three <nbko3@yahoo.com>
() Sun, 5 Jul 2009 10:29:13 -0700 (PDT)

   Normally after emacs is crashed, you know you need to use M-x
   recover-session, but it could happen that you go to lunch after
   crash, you come back, you start emacs again, you forget to do
   recover-session and open foo.bar and then also miss the
   "foo.txt has auto save data..." message.

   How do you deal with this problem?

Go to lunch before the crash!
Think faster but type slower!
Or, (setq message-log-max t),
+ `C-h e' every now and then.

thi

In buffers which have auto-save data I'd like to see an orange
background.  In addition, I'd like to hear a beep when I try to type
into that buffer with the standard message/prompt in the minibuffer that
there's auto-save data... should I pull it in or discard it.

Attached is code that does that, plus undoes all those effects when
you do recover the file.

--
Kevin Rodgers
Denver, Colorado, USA