Scroll lock changes input method?

From: weber
Subject: Scroll lock changes input method?
Date: Tue, 14 Jul 2009 12:43:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi guys,

A curious little problem appeared right now. I'm running Emacs 22 on
Windows XP.
I was having trouble entering 'ã' until I noticed that scroll-lock was
activated. When I deactivated it, things went back to normal. Note
that I have to press '~' and then 'a' to produce an 'ã' in my keyboard
(brazilian).
I confirmed using C-h k that emacs received 'a' with scroll lock set,
but 'ã' without it.

I know this seem to be with Windows and not Emacs, but there's no one
else to ask.

Anyone knows what scroll-lock is doing here?

Thanks in advance,
Hugo