newbie reftex index phrases question

From: Tom Dye
Subject: newbie reftex index phrases question
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 10:59:23 -1000

Aloha all,

Global indexing with reftex doesn't work as I'm expecting. Ctrl-C | to the *.rip file, Ctrl-C Ctrl-I shows the phrase has 2 matches in 1 LaTeX file, Ctrl-C Ctrl-X, then ! at the prompt returns a message that 3 occurrences were replaced. A look through the *.tex file shows that both occurrences of the phrase were handled correctly; the third "replacement" is in the middle of the top line of the file (where the phrase was not present).

I'm using Aquamacs 1.8.

All the best,
Tom

--
Tom Dye
T. S. Dye & Colleagues, Archaeologists, Inc.