Re: forward/backward word with case sensitivity

From: Anselm Helbig
Subject: Re: forward/backward word with case sensitivity
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 10:27:00 +0200

Hi!

> I'm wondering how to use the case sensitive buffer editing in buffer.
> For example, in the kill-word function (M-d), how I can set it to kill
> up to the final lower case, not space, comma, etc. as follows:
> testFunction()
> ^ (Here, M-d)
> Function()

I'm using c-subword-mode with ruby, to this end I've got this line in
my .emacs:

  (add-hook 'ruby-mode-hook (lambda () (c-subword-mode 1)))

You can try it out yourself with M-x subword-mode. This doesn't only
affect `kill-word' but changes emacs notion about what a word is in
the current buffer, so `forward-word' and `backward-word' are affected
as well.

HTH,

Anselm

--